What is Chiropractic
In order to know what chiropractic is, it is valuable to understand what true health is. Dorland’s Medical dictionary defines health as a state of optimal physical, mental/emotional and social well-being and not merely the absence of diseases and illnesses. Webster’s Dictionary defines health as a condition of wholeness in which all the tissues of the body are function 100% right all of the time.
- Chiropractic is the Science of evaluating the subluxation.
- Chiropractic is the Art of reducing, correcting and preventing the subluxation thereby allowing a return to better function and better health on every level.
- Chiropractic is the Philosophy of life and health, a vitalistic philosophy promoting the idea that the body has an inborn innate ability to heal, with a focus on the spinal column in order to restore integrity and function to the nervous system by correcting a subluxation.
I have found that people come to this office for three main reasons:
- Symptom, pain relief and they have heard this office is good for that.
- There are those people who know that if they participate in regular chiropractic care that they will be healthier. They come in for what is called prevention.
- Then there are those people who know that if they participate in regular chiropractic care for themselves
and their families that they will be setting the stage for a healthier community tomorrow. They come in for
what is called optimal well-person care.